
Over the years, Mark and I have never really made a big deal of Valentine's Day. We give each other a card and perhaps Mark will give me a box of chocolates but other than that, it's just another day. Besides, what could he give me that would really be Valentinish that I would like? Although I love flowers, I'm not a huge fan of arrangements that sit on my table and die in a few days. Jewelry is pretty but I like it better on other people than on myself. Mark is the type to really think things out, spending a lot of time choosing and deciding so I'd feel really bad if he gave me a piece jewelry and then didn't wear it. And, we go out to eat so often that going out to dinner for Valentine's Day would just be like any other dinner date. Don't get me wrong, I love getting gifts. I'll take a household item anyday. A kitchen appliance, a vacuum, bins to organize something, lol. Do you see where I'm going here? This stuff just isn't Valentinish. So imagine my surprise, when yesterday I was sitting here and the UPS guy knocked on my door with a package.
Let me tell you something about delivered packages to my house. I always know what they are, LOL. Either I ordered something and I'm waiting for its arrival or someone is having something sent to my house because I'm always home to accept it. So Mr. UPS knocks on my door, leaves a package on the stoop and walks away. I'm certain it's not for me because, well, why would it be? I didn't order anything. I pick it up thinking it's probably something goofy Mark order online like, cigars or fishing lures but on second glance, my mind changes because the box is a pretty bluish purple with a printed on gift tag that reads, "Pajama Gram". Could this be for me or did one of my son in-laws have something delivered here for their wives? It only took seconds to see that it was for me. HOW EXCITING IS THIS? I thought. I got the knife, ran it through the clear tape and slowly, as if I needed to make this exciting moment last as long as possible, opened the box. Wow, look at this, a pretty, white mesh hatbox type container with pajamas in it. By this time I had figured it must be from Mark because who else would send me Pj's? And it was from him. The card inside was so sweet, wishing me a Happy Valentine's Day and thanking me for how wonderful I am. Okay, well he didn't say that, LOL, but he did thank me for other things and and told me he loved me and thanked God for having me. That kind of equates to being wonderful, doesn't it? LOLOL.
Pajamas. Who would have ever thought something so practical and so simple would bring so much joy to a woman. I LOVE my new Pj's and I'm so grateful to Mark for thinking of such a fun way to show his love for me. I couldn't have asked for anything better. So, for you ladies out there who got earrings, or got wined and dined for Velentine's Day, be jealous, be very very jealous because Janice is wearing her new Pajama Gram jammies to bed tonight.
I love you Mark!
Thank you so much for making my Valentine's Day special.
Love, Jannie
Thank you so much for making my Valentine's Day special.
Love, Jannie
You're so very welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed my Valentines Day present. Although it's not very much, I knew you would appreciate the thought and love the PJ's.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mark
How very awesome! That's a perfect gift for you. I've seen those Pajama Grams, they're really nice.
ReplyDeleteNice choice Mark! :-)
Paula