Well as some of you already know, but some of you don't so I'll update you. Mark's radiation seed implant went very well last Friday, with no complications.
It was a long day, as anyone who has waited for someone having surgery would know. But the wait was so well worth the outcome that I would do it again and again if I had to. Strange to say, it was a fun morning as Mark and I waited for his turn to go into the operating room. Outside of having his tonsils out when he was a little boy, Mark has never had to be in a hospital before so some of the jokes he was making about the different aparatus, his IV and what's going to happen to certain parts of his anatomy after the procedure, were cracking us up. Let me tell you, the jokes one can make about a person having a prostate procedure are a lot funnier than someone having a knee or shoulder operation. Just think of the possibilities, LOL. Anyway, when they were finally ready to take him in, the nurse...I think he was a nurse, came in and asked Mark if he was ready for his "cocktail". Then proceeded to inject into his IV a syringe of something that literally took affect within seconds. Through slurred speech, Mark mumbled something about being on an antibiotic for an infected tooth, then managed to tell me he loved me, and off he went. He has no recollection of that short conversation, LOL.
After what seemed like an eternity of reading the same page in my book over and over again, (I just couldn't concentrate) the doctor finally called me in the waiting room to tell me he was finished and that everything went according to plan. When I was finally allowed to go to sit with him in recovery, he was sitting up, eating an English muffin and looking better than before he went into surgery. Go figure, if that were me, I'd be asking for my makeup. Forget the muffin, LOL.
Anyway, all is well, Mark took a few days off from work and it's been nice having him at home with me and Cora during the day. He feels really well besides a little soreness on the underside. It's a little uncomortable for him to sit on a hard seat for a long time but other than that, he's up and about doing everything he normally would. We're very grateful to God for this quick recovery and thank everyone who kept Mark in their prayers. Now we wait to see if his PSA levels will drop back down to normal, indicating that the radiation did its job. The doctor said it's quite normal for the levels not to change for the first few months or so, so we know ahead of time not to be worried about that.
Well, right now it's time to go get some housework done. If you stopped by to check in on us, please leave a comment to say hello. We love hearing from you.
Have a nice day,
Janice
It was a long day, as anyone who has waited for someone having surgery would know. But the wait was so well worth the outcome that I would do it again and again if I had to. Strange to say, it was a fun morning as Mark and I waited for his turn to go into the operating room. Outside of having his tonsils out when he was a little boy, Mark has never had to be in a hospital before so some of the jokes he was making about the different aparatus, his IV and what's going to happen to certain parts of his anatomy after the procedure, were cracking us up. Let me tell you, the jokes one can make about a person having a prostate procedure are a lot funnier than someone having a knee or shoulder operation. Just think of the possibilities, LOL. Anyway, when they were finally ready to take him in, the nurse...I think he was a nurse, came in and asked Mark if he was ready for his "cocktail". Then proceeded to inject into his IV a syringe of something that literally took affect within seconds. Through slurred speech, Mark mumbled something about being on an antibiotic for an infected tooth, then managed to tell me he loved me, and off he went. He has no recollection of that short conversation, LOL.
After what seemed like an eternity of reading the same page in my book over and over again, (I just couldn't concentrate) the doctor finally called me in the waiting room to tell me he was finished and that everything went according to plan. When I was finally allowed to go to sit with him in recovery, he was sitting up, eating an English muffin and looking better than before he went into surgery. Go figure, if that were me, I'd be asking for my makeup. Forget the muffin, LOL.
Anyway, all is well, Mark took a few days off from work and it's been nice having him at home with me and Cora during the day. He feels really well besides a little soreness on the underside. It's a little uncomortable for him to sit on a hard seat for a long time but other than that, he's up and about doing everything he normally would. We're very grateful to God for this quick recovery and thank everyone who kept Mark in their prayers. Now we wait to see if his PSA levels will drop back down to normal, indicating that the radiation did its job. The doctor said it's quite normal for the levels not to change for the first few months or so, so we know ahead of time not to be worried about that.
Well, right now it's time to go get some housework done. If you stopped by to check in on us, please leave a comment to say hello. We love hearing from you.
Have a nice day,
Janice
It's only me. I wanted to at least thank you for standing by me during this whole ordeal and always being so confident and faithful that things would turn out okay. Thanks for being with me at the hospital too. You were the first person of course, who I wanted to see right away when I woke up. Just knowing you were there meant more than I can say. And last but not least, thanks for being such a wonderful nurse; you made the recovery so much easier for me and I took full advantage of that.
ReplyDeleteLove, Mark
Hey Perssons!
ReplyDeleteYou know, if I'd had the day off, I would have LOVED to go with you guys to the hospital! Jan, remember when I had my "hear attack?", how much fun we had?? Oh, we're such a twisted, twisted, family! Hahaha
Anyway, I don't have to tell you that you're all in my prayers (you know you are), or that I'm happy things are going so well - we have the BEST physician working with us and I'm not surprised.
God Bless! :-)