Hi All,
Well, as you probably have figured at this point, Erika is home from the hospital and is feeling better and better each day. It's still really difficult for her to move around since she's only 6 days post/partum/surgery, but for what she went through to get Persson into the world, I have to say, she's a trooper. Persson had his first doctor appointment today and now weighs 7lbs. 13oz. He and Erika are doing really well with nursing and Erika is especially happy that she's enjoying it so much. Before he was born, she was kind of on the fence as to whether or not she really wanted to do this, but now that it is going so well, she's really really happy. I have to say here, that from the very beginning, Scott has been the most amazing birth coach and husband. He has, and continues to attend to Erika's every need right down to things that most men couldn't imagine being a part of. He is such a hands on husband and daddy, that I really think he's going to feel a big withdrawal when he has to go to work on Monday. We love you Scott, and I'm so happy Erika has you to take such good care of her.
It's been really really cold here lately. Tonight and tomorrow are supposed to be in the single digits temperatures with the windchill factor in the minuses. Oh boy, I can't wait. Yeah right. I'm glad we just got an oil delivery yesterday. There's nothing worse than being at the bottom of the tank and thinking you could run out of oil before your delivery gets there.
I'm starting a new bible study tonight at my sister Julie's church. It's on the book of Romans. It's a Max Lucado series but I can't remember the name of it at this moment. As much as I hate, hate, hate going out in the cold, especially at night, this bible study is really really important for me because I've been feeling so disconnected and Spiritually dead, well, not quite dead, but kind of comatose, lol, for a long time. It's definitely going to be a challenge since I hate committing to things because I always feel like, what if I don't like it and I want to quit? Then I'm stuck or I'm jerk for quitting, LOL. Well, I don't think that's going to happen since I really believe that God is directing me, in fact, challenging me to this bible study, and if there's anyone I don't want to let down, it's God.
Well, I have to get a few things done before I head out the door. I'll try to have new pictures of Persson for the next entry. It's amazing how much he's changed in just six days. He's such a cutie and so alert. I just love him.
Bye for now,
Janice
No comments:
Post a Comment