Thursday, October 30, 2008
The Countdown is on
For those of you who have ever had a baby, or have waited for one, you know what those last weeks are like. It seems like the first part of the pregnancy just d r a g s on while you wait to feel better and finally "show" so that people will know you are pregnant and not chubby. Then you finally get to the count down and in one aspect, time flies because you've got a nursery to get ready, and a hundred other small things to be done before the baby arrives. The other aspect though, is that, because you are getting bigger by the minute, and you can't wait to meet your new little person, time seems to stand still.
Erika is now 30 weeks along in her pregnancy. That means a mere 10 weeks are left. Yesterday she went for her prenatal appointment and the doctor said everything is looking great. She thinks Erika may be having a big baby and estimated its weight, at this point to be 5lbs. I think she's wrong, but then again, what do I know? My guess is that she'll have about an 8 pound baby.
Well, the weather here has gotten pretty chilly. We're firing up the woodstove almost every morning now, which is great to take the chill out of the air without turning up the thermostat. Since the days haven't been freezing yet, that usually keep the house warm for most of the day. I just can't believe that it's the end of October already and in just a couple of days, it will be November. As most of you know, I am just not looking forward to the long cold winter ahead of us. One good thing is that for the next couple of months I've got some good things to look forward to and that in itself should make the cold months more bearable.
This year, as last, we are so excited to have Scott's family from Mississippi join us for Thanksgiving dinner at our hours. One big difference which will be interesting to see, is that we've added baby Warren and including Scott's sister's son, there will be three, 2 year olds, packed into this little house. God help us all, LOL. I just hope the weather will be nice so the kids can go out to play and get some fresh air. Or, forget the kids, I hope the weather is good so I can go outside and escape, LOL. I'll post about that after Thanksgiving.
Anyway, not much to write about today, so instead of babbling on about nothing, hope you all have a nice day and a Happy Halloween.
Ta ta for now,
Janice
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment