Hey everyone, sorry I haven't written in a couple of weeks, life around here has been pretty, hmmm...BORING, LOL. Seriously, there's been no birthdays, or outings or drama of any kind that I can report on.
So let's see, what can I tell you. Oh, I know, my nephew and his wife called this week to tell us that they are expecting their first baby. Pretty exciting news for us, but for you guys, maybe not so interesting. Here's a little tidbit of useless information for you. At this very moment, I know 5 people who are expecting their first babies. Whoops, sorry that's four people expecting their first. My friend Wendy is expecting her second baby 13 years after her first so it's almost like a first again, LOL. (Hi Wendy.)
Tonight I'm all alone at home. Ohh, it's so nice to have a night to myself. Ashley and Cora are babysitting at Krista's and Mark is at his friends' house watching the Red Sox game with a few of the guys. I'm glad he has friends to watch it with because I'm kind of useless when it comes to paying attention and knowing what is going on. I'm pretty sure tonight is some kind of a big game but I'm not sure exactly why. I know it's game six of something or other, but I honestly don't know what that means as far as, if we lose tonight what happens, or if we're out of the running for whatever is next. See what I mean, pretty useless I am, LOL.
Today I went to a baby shower. Actually, the baby was born last week but wasn't due until later this month. In fact, the mom didn't find out she was pregnant until just four weeks ago. I know, you're going to say that's impossible but believe me, because of reasons I'm not going to get into in a blog, I can tell you, it's true. I've known this girl since she was little, I saw her from time to time throughout her pregnancy and I can honestly tell you, she didn't look pregnant. She admittedly says she had gained some weight but chalked it up to the type of birth control she was on. It's really too bad when a person takes measures to be responsible, goes on birth control and gets pregnant anyway. Well, all I can say is, that baby is surly blessed for coming into this world against the odds. And, I'm happy to report, that she and her mother and healthy and doing well.
Okay, here is a fun website for you. It's called Magmypic.com You just upload a picture and make your own magazine cover. Here's one that I did of Erika which I think is pretty real looking. I sent it to her in an email and she laughed her head off. She said, "I don't know who is more dorky, me for posing like that or you for spending the time to make a magazine cover out it." You be the judge, I think it's pretty nice.

Give it a try, it's fun.
Yesterday Krista dropped off Trevor for a little while so that she could do an errand. I'm telling you, this age is getting to be so cute. It's kind of weird to me now that I can go in another room and leave him and Cora alone and know they are not going to chew a wire or try to climb up on top of something. They do however move objects to stand on so that they can see what is on top of the changing table. Actually, in all fairness, I haven't seen Trevor do that at our house but Cora has mastered standing on her rocking horse. Every time I catch her, she reminds me of the girl standing bareback on the horse riding around in a circle at the circus, LOL. Anyway, so yesterday I was in the kitchen where we keep the monitor to Cora's bedroom. I'm doing some dishes and listening to a lot of thumping and bumping and bursts of laughter going on in the bedroom. So I tip toe to the doorway to see what is going on and there they both were, standing together on a little step stool, (usually kept at the window for Cora to look outside) at the side of the crib, tossing baby dolls inside and thinking it was the funniest thing ever. When they turned around and saw me standing there, they couldn't wait for me to see what they were doing. Trevor, with his big happy face all full of excitement just yells, "MIMI MIMI MIMI" and Cora says, "Mimi wook" (look) about 10 times in a row. I know I can't convey to you what that means to me because these are my grandchildren and not yours, but I just love how full of wonder and happiness and innocence these two precious babies are. It's such a blessing to have them in my life.
Lately I've been popping my own popcorn rather than using the microwave kind and I have to say, I LOVE it. I've got it mastered too. Let me tell you this little tip for popping it perfectly. Heat the oil until one or two kernels pops, then take it off the heat for one minute. Put the pan back on the burner on a medium hot heat and add the rest of the popcorn. Cover it so that the lid lets the steam out and take it off the burner when it has almost completely stopped popping. I used to hate making my own popcorn because I inevitably always burned the bottom of the pan with the blackest burnt popcorn stuck to the bottom. Since trying this method, I've not burned a single kernel. And for any of you popcorn aficionados out there, quit making fun of me. So it took me a while, but I finally got it, LOL.
Hey, guess what I'm going to go do right now? Yup.
Have a great weekend everyone,
Janice
No comments:
Post a Comment