Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween Update

Well today is election day. I'm so glad that it's finally here and almost over. It's been a very long campain season this time around and I think just about everyone will be happy when the votes are tallied and the results are in. I also know that no matter who wins, tomorrow there will be many sad, angry and disappointed people in this country. I just want to send out a prayer for the safety of both candidates and ask for God's blessing for a fair and honest election.

So, a few days have gone by but I'm happy to report that we had a really fun Halloween with Cora and Trevor this year. Mark came home from work and in typical Mark tradition, he put on something that was somewhat costume-like. This year it was his old Garciapara baseball shirt, a baseball hat and a weird clear-faced mask with painted lips and eyebrows on it. As in years past, he lit the outdoor fireplace and sat outside waiting for the trick or treaters to show up. One mom and dad came with their son and the mother said, "see, I told you he'd have a mask on this year." LOL, usually Mark wears a paper bag on his head with two eyes and a mouth cut out, LOL. He never fails to crack us up.

After Krista, Steve, Trevor, Warren, Erika and Scott got here, we took off to go around our neighborhood. We have the perfect neighborhood for two year olds. It's a small circle of just nine houses and we know all the people who live here. Most of them were waiting for us. It didn't take long but it was long enough for Cora and Trevor, especially since they had no idea why they were dressed in costumes and walking around to different houses in the dark. All they knew was, when they got back to the house, they could eat candy. Neither Cora or Trevor usually eat candy so you can imagine how much fun this was for them, and us. I have to admit, I had a couple of pieces too, lol.

Here are a few pictures of Mark and Cora carving our pumpking the day before Halloween and some pictures of the babies in their costumes.


Bup drawing the face.

Scooping out the inside. Cora hugging her pumpking that Bup grew in the garden.

Cora had to scoop some too.

What's inside?

All done

Trevor, the little gorilla




Cora, our little ladybug.

Trick or treating with mommy.

Warren was a cow, but he slept through all the trick or treating.

Happy to be out of his cow costume

No comments:

Post a Comment