Hey everyone,
First, I'd just like to say, I've added a new, anonymous rating feature at the bottom of each blog post, where you can check off which box most applies to how you felt about the blog. I hope you will all try it out. Thanks.
So far this week has gone by pretty fast. Maybe it's because there was a holiday Tuesday, I'm not sure, or maybe it's because I've had a semi-busy week.As I have mentioned before, Erika is now in her eighth month and is slowing down a bit. A couple of weeks ago, she called me to ask if, on Veterans Day, I would help her redo their bathroom as a surprise for Scott, while he was at work. I didn't mention it in my other post because I didn't want to take the chance that Scott may read it. So, Tuesday morning, I headed off to Erika's to paint and help her with some housework. Actually, I was happier doing the dusting and vacuuming than the painting. Housework is my thing, lol. Well as it turned out, Mark and Ashley were there for the day as well which was a huge blessing. Ashley did all the run around work and errands, including lunch, while Mark, primed and painted the whole bathroom including patching two big holes where the old towel rack had been removed. Because Erika's back was really giving her trouble, I made it her job to rest on the sofa and watch TV with Cora. By the late afternoon, Erika felt better and her and I painted the bathroom cabinet, doors and drawers. By the time Scott called to say he was leaving work, we all moved into high gear cleaning up and putting the new shower curtain, mirror and decorations in the bathroom. It was like we were on , "While You Were Out" LOL. Mark had gone to the store and picked up ingredients to make pumpkin raviolis and was in the process of cooking when Scott got home. Good idea, no paint smell when he walked in.
In all, it was a very long, tiring, fun and satisfying day. One only had to see the look on the surprisee's face to know the hard work was well worth it. Scott was so happy with his surprise and it gave him such a sense of relief to know it was one less thing he had to think about before his family comes to visit for the holidays. Well, maybe he has to think about it a little bit. We did leave a few spots for him to finish and touch up, lol. Sorry Scott. And Mark's pumpkin raviolis...All I can say is YUMMMY!
Wednesday I had Trevor for the day while Krista ran out to do some errands. I always gear myself up for mayhem when I have Cora and Trevor together, but Wednesday was the complete opposite. Trevor came here without having had his morning nap and I thought he may be cranky and in need of rest, but he was so delightful and well behaved. I've made this observation that if I eliminate some of the toys and limit them to just certain ones, things go a lot smoother around here. There's no fighting over a favored ride on toy or push wagon and removing the 100 pieces of playfood from the toy kitchen is not only better for them, but I don't have to go around the house looking for plastic bologna and hot dogs to put back where they belong, LOL. Although they did watch a couple of recorded episodes of Caillou, that only came after hours of playing together and having fun with Mimi. It's always nice to see them settle down on the sofa together with a blanket and a sippy cup. It's especially adorable when they lay down together and Cora affectionately rubs Trevor's hair. So cute.
And yesterday Ashley had the day off so that gave me a chance to do some heavy duty housework. I've been looking at the accumulated fog from the radiators on my bedroom windows for a few weeks now so I was happy to get them washed along with a few other non everyday house cleaning things. By 1:00 I was pooped and ready to call it quits for the day. Ashley and Cora had gone in to take a nap, poor things worked so hard watching me clean the house, they needed to rest a while, lol. I took my shower and afterward, plopped myself down for the rest of the day. Ohh, it felt so good. And since Mark was not going to be home for supper and Ashley goes to church on Thursday nights, I didn't have to cook a real supper. Cora and I ate leftover macaroni and baked cookies for dessert. Again, another long but satisfying day.
Well that's about it for today. Cora's asleep right now so I better go get a few things done before she wakes up and I lose my chance.
I hope you all have a great weekend.
Janice
No comments:
Post a Comment