Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Waiting

Why is it, when it has only been raining for two days, the human mind automatically exaggerates the time to make it feel like it's been raining for weeks on end? Who knows, maybe it's only my mind that it does that to but when I open my back door and feel the cold autumn air and see the yard looking like a wet soggy mess, it just reminds me that ANOTHER day has gone by that I am not able to get out to do some Fall yard clean up. With this whole, arm, neck and shoulder thing going on, I'm not only behind in the yard work, but my house has been showing the affects as well. Anyway, I'm not going to stress about it. It is what it is, and at the moment, I can't make the rain stop, so I may as well enjoy a nice cup of coffee on a cold rainy day, right?


Well, just a few more days and Erika and Persson will be here. I can't wait to see them both. This is the longest period of time that has ever gone by that I have not been with one of my children. I know that in the big scope of things it hasn't really been too long, but for so many years I had taken for granted that my daughters would always be nearby, so for me, it's been a very long time. As far as Persson's concerned, I just hope when he steps into our house, his little memory will reel back and say, "hey I remember this place." It's only been four months but he was only a year and a half when they moved and It's difficult to say just what was retained. My feeling though, is that, when he sees the play kitchen and especially Cora's bedroom, it will be as if he never left. I'm not so concerned about him not remembering me or the rest of us. Thankfully we are able to connect with webcams and he sees us quite often and calls us by name.

Right about now I'm feeling the same exact way Krista felt the week before she went to visit Erika in Tennessee. She was happy about going there, but already feeling sad about having to leave. Why am I already letting myself feel sad about them leaving when they haven't even been here yet?

It's funny that I don't feel this way on a day to day basis, but knowing they're going to be here and then have to leave, makes me miss them more.

No comments:

Post a Comment