Sunday, September 14, 2008

Revelacion Maranatha's Visit



Hi family and friends,

I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to write to tell you about how the dinner for the Dominican band went. It's been kind of a crazy week, well, not really crazy, just uncomfortable. I've been back and forth to the chiropractor a few times to have him take care of my neck and shoulder and I must say, it's really been feeling better. Actually, it was feeling better last week, but then I did some dancing Tuesday night at the concert and undid everything. I have to tell you, it was worth it, I had a blast.

So, the dinner went great. After the band arrived and dropped off their equipment at the church, they all headed here for dinner. The anticipation was crazy. Thankfully, my sister Julie came early in the day to help me get the last minute things ready. We literally had everything cooked, heated and ready to serve, pots and pans washed and put away and were waiting with nothing to do but greet and get the food out on the table. Oh I love organization, lol. Finally, I got the call from Ashley, they were on their way. Once they arrived, I was a bit taken aback by the sheer size and quantity of these young men. Suddenly a pang and panic ran through my body as I stood there thinking, I hope I cooked enough. Not that they were large men, but my house is small which made them all seem, I don't know, more hungry, LOLOL. As I stood there, each and everyone of them, including drivers and some helpers, all greeted Mark and I personally. In combinations of English and Spanish, "thank you, gracias, gracias, thank you" and a few other lines I couldn't understand, were being spoken to us. Most hugged us, some shook hands and others gave kisses. The house was packed. I've probably never had this many people in my house before, certainly not to eat, and I know for sure, there's never been that many men, lol.

My fears of not having enough were unfounded. I cooked 7 pounds of macaroni, and about 100 meatballs. A caterers size container of salad and 4 loaves of Italian bread. Most of the meatballs and salad got eaten and about 4lbs of the macaroni. They packed up the leftovers and ate them for lunch the next day. After everyone ate, the band all sat around telling stories and laughing. They seemed so comfortable in my house, and acted as if we had met each other previously. I felt such a sense of joy and satisfaction seeing these young men, resting and enjoying themselves in my home. Later that evening, we went to their concert which was nothing like I'd ever heard or experienced in a church before, LOL. They sang and worshipped for God with all their heart and soul in a way that made you feel like you were on vacation somewhere in the Bahamas or Aruba. It was great.

In all, it was a very fun and special day for me. I'm happy that I got the opportunity to be used by God to help in such a small but important way.




No comments:

Post a Comment