Hi Y'all,
Do I sound southern? Haha.
Well it's been a pretty busy month. On April 1st, at 5AM, in the midst of a snowstorm, we drove up to Manchester NH to board a plane for our vacation to Tennessee. It was a scary drive up there. The highways were not plowed, the roads were slick and visibility was at about 15 %. I was never so glad to get on a plane to a warmer destination than at that moment. Even though we had sit and wait on our plane for 2 hours, in line to be de-iced. None of that mattered though. Landing in a warmer climate and seeing Erika and Persson, made the past hours disappear into thin air. Gone, ka-put. I won't go into all the details of everything we did, but let me just say, visiting Erika, Scott and Persson, in their new house, was the best vacation I think I have ever had. Seeing Persson made me realize how much I truly missed him. He's growing so much and saying so many cute things. Him and Cora played so well together and had so much fun. We ate everything from an unbelievably delicious Boston Butt, that Scott's dad made, to fried chicken, wet ribs, dry ribs, barbecue brisket, pulled pork, fried pickles, barbecue spaghetti and bbq beef brisket nachos. Oh yeah, and one night we had hamburgers that were quite seriously, the best I've ever had. We went to the Memphis Zoo, The Memphis children's Museum, The Pink Palace (historical) Museum and the famous, Beale Street in Memphis. The best part about our visit though, was just being at Erika's house, hanging out with the family and playing with Persson. I came to realize, computer contact just may not be enough. I want to go back soon. I miss them all so very, very much.
No comments:
Post a Comment