Monday, March 14, 2011

Update

So it's been a while. Here's what's been going on since the last entry.

The snow storms finally stopped. We had some ice build up on the roof but compared to some people, our damage was minimal.

I have been trying out a new nail technique called, Shellac nails and I LOVE it. Basically, it's a manicure with a special kind of polish that gets cured under ultra violet lights, hardening the shellac polish, making it so that it does not smudge, chip or get any kind of pattern pressed into it, i.e., sheets, lol.  Not only does it not do any of those things mentioned, it also stays brilliantly shiny for an entire two weeks. The only (slight) drawback to Shellac nails is that the polish needs to be removed at the salon with Acetone nail polish remover. I suppose I could do it at home, but I don't keep those supplies on hand and I would rather the manicurist clean up my nails instead of me. To sum it all up, with all the house work, dishes I wash and cleaning with harsh products I do, my nails have stayed perfectly polished. AND that my friends, I have never experienced in my life. Love it.

I had my two top wisdom teeth pulled this month. They've been with me for many, many years and you may wonder why, at this point I would have them removed if they've been in there so long?  Well, the short answer is, I have no bottom wisdoms, they never grew in. Therefore, the tops were not matched up with anything so I was not really using them to chew. Second and more the determining factor for me, was because one of the wisdoms were creating a wedge for almost everything I ate, to be stuck in between it and my molar. So, out they came.  I have to admit, after so many years of them being there, it really, really felt strange to have them gone. But, now that they've been removed, things feel good and I'm glad I did it.

We finally made our arrangements to go to Tennessee to visit Erika, Scott and Persson. I'm so excited and can't wait. We were originally going to drive down with Krista, Steve and the boys but because of time constraints etc, we decided we'll fly down instead. This way, we'll actually get a few more days to spend with Erika that would have been spent driving.

The kids have all had a long winter with colds, ear infections, step throat and stomach viruses. Trevor has been hit pretty bad this season with ear infections and will be going in the hospital this week to have his adenoids out and ear tubes placed in. There's also a chance they may remove the tonsils as well but that's still undermined at this point. The poor kid. I can actually say there are times I cannot understand what he is saying because his tonsils are so swollen, it effects his speech.

I'm saving the best news for last and since I can't think of anything else to tell you, I'll tell you the best news now.  We're expecting another grandchild in September. Krista and Steve announced that they are having another baby. You know, it hasn't really been THAT long since one of the girls has been pregnant, but now that Krista is pregnant again, it seems like ages since we've had a newborn in the family. I can't say enough about how good Krista looks. She started this pregnancy weighing less than she did with the last two and at this point, 12 weeks along and entering her second trimester, she has only gained, I think, one pound. As with the last two, they are planning on NOT finding out what the sex of the baby is. At one point I thought she had said that because this will probably be her last baby, they may find out, but I guess that's not the case now and I'm very happy about that. Surprises are so much more fun.

So now we have something to look forward to. A new little God given blessing. What could be better than that? Ahh, life is good.

Well that's about it for now.  Hopefully it won't take me so long to update the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment