Monday, January 10, 2011

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Today, while cleaning up around the house, I thought of no less than 30 subjects for my blog. Unfortunately, not one of them is really appropriate for my particular blog. You see, a couple of years ago, when I began this, I promised myself I would not use it as a sounding board for whining, complaining or ranting. For the most part I think I've kept my promise with a few exceptions here or there.  Having said that, and knowing that I was cleaning up around the house, one may be able to figure out what at least, one or two of those 30 blog subjects may have been. The key here is, that I was cleaning up around the house, LOL.

On a funnier note, and in keeping with the subject above, I'd like to pass along a very amusing, if not some what satisfying, in a confirmation sort of way, exchange of words that happened here this past weekend. 

On Saturday, I had been vacuuming the living room while Ashley and Cora enjoyed some cookies on the couch. Not long after, I went down stairs to put some things in the basement. In true Cora fashion, she followed me down wanting to help. While down there I heard from above, the vacuum cleaner turn on. Cora stopped what she was doing and asked, "what's that?" I told her it was mommy upstairs. Suddenly, she began to run for the stairs saying that she had to go see mommy. I told her not to worry, that it was only the vacuum cleaner that she heard.

This next part will give you a little insight to how things roll around here. Not only did I laugh at how honest, sincere and pure Cora's reaction was, but also to the reaction Ashley had, knowing I heard the whole thing.

When Cora reached the living room, Ashley was vacuuming the cookie crumbs off the couch and floor. With pure happiness, Cora said to her mother, "Mommy, that's so nice of you to help, I didn't know you knew how to use the vacuum cleaner."

Even now, as I sit here and write this entry, the grin cannot be wiped from my face. Not only do I have the most observant and insightful granddaughter, but an honest one too.

2 comments:

  1. IF I had a grandchild and IF one of my kids ever had a thought to push a vacuum cleaner for any reason, my grandchild would say that too. HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete