Saturday, August 14, 2010

Grandpa Would be Proud

When I was a little girl, my grandfather and I planted a little garden. I don't recall there being much in it, but I remember how happy we both were, digging the small plot and taking care of it together. I could tell grandpa loved teaching me what he knew about gardening. To this day, I can still picture grandpa in his outdoor clothes working in his own backyard, tending to his tomatoes. I know that if he could see our vegetable garden, he'd be so happy and proud of it. I know I am. I imagine if he were here, he'd even like to walk through it to pick this, and pluck that.

Ripening on the deck rail. Some fell off too soon.

My little garden helper. Cora has become a pro at knowing which ones to pick.


Grandpa would be proud.

Our first pumpkin of the year.


Same pumpkin, 2 weeks later. Amazing huh?


We originally had 4 and lost two. Last night I discovered this one. I hope it stays strong.


Pots of basil and rosemary on the deck. And of course flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment