Sunday we went to IKEA and Ashley bought Cora her new bed and the bedding to go with it. I love IKEA. It can be tiresome but it's fun. Every time we go, we always have to go to the little restaurant and get some Swedish meatballs. It's a tradition, lol. Anyway, back to the bed. It's so cute. It's the width of a regular twin sized bed but the length starts out short and extends as the child grows. The mattress is more like a glorified army bed roll and comes in three sections. So, you have to buy the IKEA sheets to fit them because the package comes with the three pieces you need for each section of the mattress. Ashley put the bed together Monday night and right now it's at the shortest length which happens to be the same length as her crib. It's so darned cute, it almost looks like the bed that baby bear from the "Three Bears" would sleep in, LOL. We were planning on keeping Cora's crib up for a few days until she got accustomed to the new bed, but clearly this is not necessary. She's adjusted to it very easily. We had prepared her for a few day beforehand so she was pretty excited about it. The first night, Ashley laid down with her for a little while then came out to the living room. Shortly after, Cora came out so Ashley had to lay with her until she fell asleep. Then again last night, Ashley went in with her to read a story and they both fell asleep, LOL. During the day, I haven't had any problem getting her in for her nap. She goes right in, we go through the regular routine and she's out like a light. At first, I was kind of happy that we kept the crib up because I had a feeling she was going to get up every two seconds, but by afternoon she's really ready for her nap and falls to sleep pretty easily.
This was the first night. You can see how short it is in comparison to her crib. Also that red pillow up against the headboard is actually one of the mattress sections. The other is underneath. Can you see Cora's hair just coming out from the blanket?
Here's a different angle.
This one was taken during her nap yesterday.
Yesterday Cora and I went to Erika's to babysit Persson. It's been almost two weeks since I've seen him because I had a cold and didn't want to get him sick. As it turns out, he's got his first cold and cough without any help from me. Erika called me Monday night to see if I was OK with taking care of him while he's sick. She didn't know if Ashley would want Cora near him as well. Ashley figured since Persson is an infant, Cora won't actually be playing with him or sharing toys with him like she would if he were older, and that it would be alright. So we get there and what's the very first thing she does? she puts Persson's nasal aspirator up her nose then in her mouth. If she didn't get some cold germs from that, I don't know what will do it. LOL, Two year olds, you got to love them. Persson, as always, was great. He was a bit stuffy when I tried to feed him his bottle and coughed a bit trying to swallow, but besides that, he was no problem.
And last night was our night to babysit the Sullivan boys. As always, Trevor and Warren were adorable and very cooperative. Trevor's been doing great since transitioning into his bed and gave us no problems whatsoever. Warren reminds me so much of Krista when she was his age. Very content to sit and watch everything going on around him. Krista has one of those digital frames in her living room and Warren will sit and watch it for minutes on end, smiling at all the different pictures. SO cute. I ended up making more work for myself than I needed to. I was moving the table cloth so that it wouldn't be hanging longer on one end and without noticing, a glass bowl fell off the table. When I tell you it broke into a gazillion pieces, I'm not exaggerating. There was glass all over the kitchen floor. So I swept it all up and then got out the little floor vacuum cleaner. Checking the dust cup to make sure it was empty, I ended up spilling dust and debris all over the living room rug. So, while I vacuumed the kitchen, Mark had to vacuum the living room. Trevor and Warren must have been thinking, what the heck's going on here, I thought you guys came to play with us, not clean the house, LOL. I was aggravated with myself but I got over it pretty quickly when Trevor insisted on helping me to vacuum. He was really trying to be helpful. He's so sweet.
I've recently gotten myself into a bad habit of making coffee in the afternoon. At this very moment my head is screaming for a cup and I feel like I'm sinking fast. I want to break myself of having coffee in the afternoon, but it won't be today. I have my bible study tonight and if I don't do something about this caffine headache now, it'll be with me all night. So folks, I'm off to go make some coffee.
No comments:
Post a Comment