Friday, February 13, 2009

February 13, 2009

I'm having a bad hair day this week. I really don't know what's going on because I'm not doing anything different as far as styling it goes. I've been growing it out a bit so that I can try a haircut different than the one I usually have. The growing out part hasn't really been that bad, in fact, I've been liking the look of it as it gets longer. So why all of a sudden, is it just not doing anything I want it to do lately? And you know what really kills, is when I ask how my hair looks to say, Mark or Ashley, they'll say, "it's fine, it looks the same to me as always." Gee thanks. That means all those days I thought it was looking good, it actually looked the same as when I was having a bad hair day. Oh well.

This week was pretty good. I love all the snow-melting going on. It's made me feel like Spring is almost around the corner even if it isn't. And hey, guess what? Today I saw a Robin outside my bedroom window. I was just about to open the window to let in some fresh air when I saw it. I waited on opening it because I didn't want to scare it away.

Tuesday I officially babysat Persson for the first time while Erika went to a meeting at the church. He was so good and even slept in Cora's crib for about an hour. Cora was so happy to have him sleep in her crib but she would not leave the room or keep her voice down. I hated to keep telling her to be quiet or to get out of the room so I had to try and be somewhat creative and coax her out of there. Cora, do you want to put make up on with Mimi? Do you want to have a snack? Would you like to watch Bambi? Ohh Cora, look at the big truck out the window. Now any other day of the week, these things would have moved her in an instant. But not when baby Persson was sleeping in her room. And not only did she not want to leave the room, but she wanted to play the CD in her CD player on the dresser, LOL. I finally just had to pick her up and physically remove her from the room with promises of wonderful things that I normally would not have promised, like, let's have Oreo cookies even though you just had breakfast an hour ago. Hey, it worked. After Erika got back, it was Cora's turn for a nap and Erika and I enjoyed the rest of the afternoon doing basically, nothing. Well, I shouldn't say nothing. We did have lunch and admired Persson all day.

So Tuesday evening, Mark and I babysat Trevor and Warren. We also had Cora with us until Ashley got home from work. Since learning how to climb out of his crib last week, Trevor has been sleeping in his big boy bed. I have to admit, I was a little unsure of how things were going to go since toddlers adjusting to beds tend to get up every two and half minutes to make sure everything is OK in the living room where you happen to be watching TV. I'm telling you, this little boy amazes me. He will climb on furniture, jump from sofa to sofa, tear a room apart in no time flat, manage to remove every DVD from their boxes in the time it takes you to go to the bathroom, but when it came to going to bed, unrestricted, he went to sleep in five minutes. I love this boy. When I told him it was time for night night, his little mouth turn downward and he began to whimper as he gave Bup a kiss goodnight. I sat on the floor next to his bed, read him his Curious George book, said prayers, gave him a big kiss and hug and closed the door. He cried for a few minutes and went right to sleep. I was warned that I may hear him trying to open the door. That I may hear toys boinging off the walls and that he may play for a little while. When all was quiet, I went in to check him and not a thing was out of place and his little hands were holding his blanket up to his chin. I just wanted to wake him up to tell him how darned cute he was. Now it was Warrens turn. Out in the living room, Warren was ready for his bottle. He fell asleep drinking it and I was a little concerned because Krista said it's better to put him in his crib while he's still awake so that he can learn how to put himself to sleep without help. Well, he finished the bottle and even though he was asleep when I carried him down the hall, he woke right up when I put him in the crib. Of course, princess Cora had to come with me to make sure I put him to bed the proper way, lol. She actually wanted to get in the crib with him, LOL. Now the room was only lit with a night light but as I tip toed out of the room, I suddenly saw lights blinking and music playing. This little one that was sound a sleep minutes ago, was now, ooohing and aahhing to his activity box on the side of his crib. I love this boy, LOL. He played for a few minutes and was off to sleep. It was the easiest baby sitting experience I've ever had.

Wednesday, Persson had a "well baby" doctor appointment to go to. We installed Cora's old infant seat into my car so that Persson and Erika could drive with me and Cora. I guess I should tell you that, Erika still is not supposed to be lifting anything heavy yet and getting Persson in and out of the house and car, in his infant seat, is still a little too much. That's why Cora and I took them Wednesday morning. The appointment went really well. Persson gained a full pound in two weeks and now weighs, 9lbs. something ounces. I really like his doctor. Cora and I went in with Erika and the baby and was happy that he took the time to say hello to Cora, showed her the instruments he was using and pointed out the difference between the size of Persson's toes to Cora's. And he didn't even seem fazed or annoyed when Cora randomly let out a ROAR when she was pretending to be a lion, LOL. We spent the rest of the day at my house and later that evening I went to my bible study.

Thursday Nana and Grampy, that's my mom and dad, stopped by for a visit. That was nice. I got a chance to jump in the shower while it was still morning, for a change. Since Cora gave up her morning nap, I rarely get in the shower before noon. After they left, I spent the rest of the day doing what I usually do. Nothing special, so I'm not going to bore you with those details, LOL. Today is Friday and I'm trying to fight off a sore throat and runny nose. I'm really hoping to beat this before it gets too far but I'm not quite sure how to do that, LOL. My sister Paula's birthday was this week so tonight we're supposed to meet at Julie's house for a little get together. I'm looking forward to that, I love being with my sisters and my parents.

Just a little while ago, the sunset outside our living room window caught Cora's eye. She got up on the sofa, opened the curtain and said, "LOOOOK Mimi, a rainbow." Well, it wasn't quiet a rainbow but the sky was a beautiful pinkish orange and it was pretty impressive. I said to her, "Do you know who made the sky look pretty like that?" without hesitation she said, "Jesus". How sweet and smart is that?

Well that's about it for today. Tomorrow we're going to see Disney on Ice and later in the evening Mark and I have a Valentine's day party to go to. If there's anything good to tell you I'll write about it the next time.

Ciao for now.
Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment