Sunday, May 24, 2009

June 3, 2009

Back in October, I wrote that I knew five people expecting their first babies this year. Actually, one of them was at the end of last year, and for one it wasn't a first, but a second, 13 years after her first. As of May 21st, all of those babies have been born. And can you believe, all but one had girls. That one, being my Erika, the one I wanted to have a girl the most, LOL. Let's see there's Madelyn, Persson, Grace, Annika and Olivia. Annika by the way is my great niece who is Jonathan and Laura Persson's daughter. She arrived just two weeks ago today and she is so tiny, even though she weighed almost 8lbs, 7lbs. 13oz. to be exact, I guess compared to my grandbabies, (two, over 8lbs. and two, over 10lbs.) almost anything is tiny, LOL.

It's kind of neat seeing all my daughters and their friends having babies, not to mention my niece Jennifer and my nephew and his wife Laura, all starting their families. I think because I was so young when I got married and started my family, that my parent's didn't see all my friends having babies at the same time as me. In fact, many of my friends and classmates are just seeing their kids graduate from high school these days. Some, have even younger children and I'm sure I don't know of any with grandchildren, let alone 4 of them, LOL. I have no regrets at the timing of my child rearing. No regrets of not ever going to college and now that I'm a grandmother, no regrets at being young enough to have people sometimes think they could be my children or that my daughters are my sisters. LOL. There are babies, babies, babies everywhere and I know, there will be more in the future.

So the weather has been great here this week so far. Last week it rained a lot and Mark was happy because he didn't have to water his grass (men can be so dorky, lol). I love how as the seasons change, the direction of the sun also changes on my deck. During the winter months, I have to wait almost all afternoon for the sun to hit it, but by June, the sun is on the deck from morning until about 5:00pm. Not that I really care where the sun is on the deck in the winter but for the purpose of melting the snow and ice, it's really helpful. So with all this sun on the deck you'd think I'd have a bit of a tan by now huh? Well, let's just say, my arms and my chest are not snow white but they certainly aren't very tanned either. My legs we won't even talk about. And my face, well, I'm never in sun without sunscreen on my face. My face will still get tanned but it takes a lot longer than the rest of me and that's fine. I'd rather get it very slow than get sun spots and wrinkles. My hands and feet get ridiculously tanned since I'm constantly either bare foot or wearing sandals, and my hands just brown up very fast. The older I get the more I find I'm sitting in the shade. As much as I like the way I look with a tan, it's not all that important to me like it used to be.

Well guess what? Cora pretty much potty trained herself. The Tuesday after Memorial Day, she woke up dry so I immediately took her diaper off and put her underpants on. From that day on, she has told us every single time when she has to go and has proceeded to use her potty seat or the toilet. Even at night she is not wearing a diaper or Pullups. It's kind of sad that another aspect of her babyhood is gone, but it's just so great not to have to change her diaper any more. Especially the poopy ones.

So I forgot to tell you, just under a month ago, I had Krista cut my hair really short. I showed her a picture of exactly what I wanted but somehow it ended up getting cut much shorter. When she was finished and I looked in the mirror, I couldn't believe how short it was. But you know how after you get home from having your haircut and you wash it and re-do it, you always like it better? Well, that's what happened with me. I absolutely LOVED that I did not have to blow dry it, which is why I wanted it cut in the first place. I just couldn't imagine going through the summer with a style that had to be blow dried every day. And, it just made me feel so...I don't know, fresh and summery and that's something I really needed. The one thing about a really short haircut is, you feel like you need it cut almost two weeks later, LOL. Actually, I'm just past three weeks and it's still pretty short and I still love it. I'm going to get it cut again soon though because the top is starting to get a little heavy and I don't want to let it lose it's cute shape. Thanks Krista.

This has been my first week of not having Persson full-time. It's been really nice so far, having a little bit of time to myself. I've got some housework done that I've been putting off and putting off and I haven't had to get up and be showered and dressed so early. That's not really a big deal, but it's just one of those little things that makes a bit of a difference. I've pretty much been tied down to the house all winter so it's nice too, that I'll be able to get out to do some errands and to go visit my mom and dad every now and then. I got Cora and I all ready to go food shopping today but she ended up whining about how tired she was so I put her in for a nap and she went to sleep in less than a five minutes. I guess we'll go when she wakes up.

Last night we went to see Mark's brother for his birthday. That was so nice. Jonathan, our nephew, cooked a dinner that was so delicious I'm still thinking about it today. Steak au poivre, crab cakes, baked sweet potatoes and cucumber and bean salad. And to think, I was going to make spaghetti, LOL. Because of various reasons, who's busy or whatever, we never get to see our siblings on their actual birthday's. That's why it was so nice last night to get to see Stephen on his birthday and celebrate together. Happy Birthday Stephen and thanks Jon for a great dinner.

Hope you are all having a nice day and enjoying your week.

No comments:

Post a Comment